- Dodaj recenzję:
- Producent: Phaidon
Tytuł na zamówienie
- 175,00 zł
10 x 10 is a kaleidoscopic view of new architecture in the world today. 100 emerging architects have been selected by 10 leading international architecture curators and critics. Each critic has also selected and listed 10 cultural references - incling designed objects, books, films, themes, and movements - to reveal a dynamic range of influences in today's design environment.
The book is unique in architectural publishing and provides a truly global view of the most imaginative and important architects not only of today but also of the future. This monumental book is itself architecturally designed, with a plastic lenticular three-dimensional cover and an innovative shifting grid page design, which packs in over 1,500 striking images in 468 pages. The absorbing tome is presented alphabetically by architect in an dynamically direct A-Z format that results in arresting sequences with the turn of each page, making 10 x 10 an invigorating examination of contemporary architecture and culture.
From traditional to conceptual, this book mirrors the immensely diverse factors that form and fuel architectural practice and experimentation, to illustrate the most innovative responses to changing technologies and social conditions. Encompassing environmental, industrial, urban, technological, and virtual dimensions, 10 x 10 showcases an abundance of homes, workplaces, religious centres, and places of entertainment.
10 x 10 is not only an essential source book, but the ultimate design object celebrating the architectural future.
- A kaleidoscopic view of the work of 100 contemporary architects around the world selected by 10 leading international curators and critics
- Features over 250 buildings and projects dating from 1990 to 2000, encompassing multimillion dollar schemes, small domestic projects and virtual technology
- A design classic in its hardback format, now available for the first time as a low-priced paperback, incling over 1,500 images
- Presented alphabetically with four pages devoted to each architect
- Incles essays by each curator about the contemporary architecture scene
Authors, 10 critics:
- Haig Beck & Jackie Cooper are the editors of UME, an international architectural magazine based in Melbourne.
- Aaron Betsky is Curator of Architecture, Design and Digital Projects at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- Roger Connah is a writer and film-maker who teaches at the Royal School of Stockholm. He is based in Wales and Sweden.
- Kristin Feireiss is Director of the Netherlands Institute of Architecture in Rotterdam.
- Jorge Glusberg is Director of the National Museum of Modern Art, Buenos Aires.
- Tom Heneghan is an architect based in Tokyo.
- Moshen Mostavi is Chairman of the Architectural Association School in London.
- Terence Riley is Chief Curator of Architecture and Design at The Museum of Modern Art, New York.
- Jaime Salazar is co-editor of Quaderns architectural journal, Barcelona.
- Neil Spiller is Senior Lecturer at Bartlett School of Architecture, London.