Bath & Spa
- Dodaj recenzję:
- Producent: Braun
Oprawa: Hardcover with dust jacket, Format: 22,5x29,5 cm, Stron: 272, 2012 r., 487 ilustracji
Whether private or public, bath and spa areas represent tranquility and relaxation, a retreat from the hectic everyday life. The evolution from yesterday’s reclusive and functional bathroom to today’s open and extravagant wellness oasis continues to open new frontiers. This is accompanied by architects and designers resorting to ancient bathhouse cultures, interpreting them with contemporary concepts, materials and products.
With a selection of projects from all across the globe, this volume showcases an exceptional spectrum ranging from small and intimate baths to wide open spa landscapes. They all have their own special way of inviting you to immerse, relax, and let go. The multite of design concepts presents the coming together of solid and fluid elements in architecture and interior design as an inspiration for body and soul.
From the contents:
- Dolder Grand Spa in Zurich, Switzerland (Foster + Partners with Sylvia Sepielle)
- Les Bain des Docks in Le Havre, France (Atelier Jean Nouvel)
- nhow Hotel in Berlin, Germany (Karim Rashid)
- The Truffle in Costa da Morte, Spain (Ensamble Stio)
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa on Gaafu Alifu Atoll, Maldives (SCDA Architects)