Design Solutions for Urban Densification
- Dodaj recenzję:
- Producent: Braun
Wysyłamy w ciągu 3-5 dni
- 228,00 zł
Oprawa Hardcover, Format 22,5x29,5 cm, Stron 256, 400 pictures, 2018 r.
- Cordoba-Reurbano Housing Building in Mexico City, Mexico (Cadaval & Solà-Morales)
- House for Trees in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Vo Trong Nghia Architects)
- Tornhuset in Malmö, Sweden (Kim Utzon Arkitekter)
- Silver House in London, UK (Boyarsky Murphy Architects)
- MG9 in Vienna, Austria (J. Weichenberger Architects + Partner)
In the metropolises of the world, populations are growing rapidly. It is predicted that by 2050, more than two-thirds of the world’s population will live in cities – and that is set to keep rising. So how can boundless growth and the inescapable finiteness of space in the urban context be resolved in the long term?
Design Solutions for Urban Densification presents a diverse array of possibilities from around the world for creating inner-city living space where there was none before: The smallest of gaps are filled in, block perimeter buildings completed, inner courtyards built up and houses extended upwards. Residential areas and infrastructure that have developed organically are skilfully preserved, and urban sprawl and soulless new housing estates artfully avoided – as the high quality of urban life is ensured for the future.